Invisalign vs Braces
Choosing the right orthodontic treatment can be rightfully challenging. With the wide variety of treatment options available today, it takes ample time and consideration to decide how to pursue treatment. That said, comparing the different advantages of these treatments can help you in making the right decision based on your situation. Let’s take some time to look into Invisalign vs braces.
Invisalign vs Braces
Invisalign and braces are the most common orthodontic treatments today. While braces have long been the only option, Invisalign has emerged as one of the most popular treatments available today. Its major selling point is that it’s practically invisible to the outside eye, but that’s not the only advantage it boasts. In some cases, braces can be more affordable than Invisalign, and are better-suited to treat complex alignment issues. However, Invisalign offers its own set of advantages as well.
The Benefits of Invisalign
- Discreet Treatment: Perhaps the biggest advantage of Invisalign treatment is that it utilizes clear plastic aligner trays that are less visible to the outside eye than braces. This allows you to feel more confident with your smile throughout the duration of the treatment.
- Simple Hygiene: As you’ll remove your aligner trays to brush and floss your teeth, hygiene is essentially the same as without treatment. Braces require special floss threaders and extra hygiene efforts to keep the teeth clean.
- Improved Comfort: Most people report Invisalign is more comfortable than braces overall. While you’ll feel some initial discomfort, the treatment feels much less uncomfortable than having to have your braces tightened regularly.
- Less Time In the Office: While you’ll switch to new aligner trays every two weeks, that doesn’t mean you’ll need to come into the office that often. With some planning, you can receive several sets of aligner trays at a time.
- Eat What you Want: With Invisalign, you’ll take out your trays while eating or drinking anything besides water, so you can eat what you want without worrying about damaging any orthodontic appliances.
Invisalign in Richmond, VA
If Invisalign sounds right for you, call our Richmond dental office today! Or, you can contact us here.