Do you have a missing tooth or missing teeth? Is it difficult to do everyday things like chewing, eating, or even speaking because you have a missing tooth? If so, dental implants may be the solution for you!
Simply, implant dentistry provides a procedure that is almost like growing a new tooth! Getting a tooth implant isn’t as complicated as it may sound and is long-lasting and durable.
Basically, a tooth implant consists of two parts: a titanium or titanium alloy post that is placed into your jaw that, within a few months, fuses with the jawbone. Then a prosthetic tooth is placed on top of the post. There are many benefits to getting dental implants:
- Very Successful – The success rate for dental implants is very high.
- Enduring – A dental bridge can last 7-12 years, but dental implants can last your whole life long.
- More Natural – Dental implants might make you forget they aren’t the tooth you were born with. Implant dentistry treatments are amazing! It’s like you grew a new tooth!
- Aesthetically Fabulous – Smile with abandon! Implant dentistry that performs a tooth implant or dental implants restores the look of healthy, natural teeth.
- Allow You to Eat What You Regularly Eat – Dental implants are like your regular teeth because they are anchored securely in your jaw—eat whatever foods you like.
- Retain or Restore Facial Appearance – When you have a missing tooth, oftentimes your face loses its bone structure, leaving your facial structure distorted. Implant dentistry can restore your face so it looks like it should.
- Easier to Care For – Just brush and floss your tooth implant as usual. Another bonus is you will never have to worry that you will have any tooth decay in it!
- Saves Healthy Teeth – If you have a missing tooth, the two teeth adjacent to it will probably need to be ground down to anchor a dental bridge. But implant dentistry dental implants can often protect those two healthy teeth without further dental care needed.
If you have a missing tooth and are wanting to have it repaired with a tooth implant or dental implants, consider the implant dentistry we provide at Advanced Dental Care of Richmond. Contact us today!